2nd Season • From Los Angeles • Attended Oregon State
- When did you start dancing?
I started dancing at the age of 6 at Lula Washington Dance Theatre in Los Angeles, CA
- What got you started dancing?
My mother always kept me busy and put me in a lot of sports and activities at a young age and dance was one of the things that I genuinely loved and I stuck with it.
- What is your favorite memory as a dancer?
My favorite memory as a dancer was my first recital. Knowing my family was somewhere in the crowd cheering me on was the best feeling as a little girl, and even as a woman now it is special to me. Performing for people is an amazing experience, especially when you’re doing something you love to do. Passion is everything!
- What is your favorite song to dance to?
My favorite song to dance to is Wicked by Future.
- Who is your all-time favorite Blazer?
My all-time favorite Blazer is Damian Lillard.
- Other than dancing, what are your hobbies/talents?
One of my favorite hobbies other than dance, is cooking. I always loved to be in the kitchen with my grandma and learning what she would make since I was a little girl and I guess it stuck with me!
- What talent do you wish you had?
I really wish I could sing!
- What is your favorite part about Portland?
My favorite part of Portland is the culture. I think being from a big city and then moving to Portland really showed me the beauty in people and being genuine and people accepting everyone even though everyone is different. Being an artist, Portland is a great place for self-expression in many ways.
- Where is your favorite place to eat in Portland?
Via Delizia in the Pearl and Departure.
- What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is Columbiana.
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve traveled, and why?
The most interesting place I’ve traveled is Italy. I think the culture, food, and atmosphere is moving and breathtaking.
- If you could time travel back to one decade, what period would you choose?
- If you could befriend one celebrity, who would it be and why?
If I could befriend one celebrity it would be Alicia Keys or Erykah Badu. I love artists who are real and have a positive message to give the world through their art and I think that’s special.
- If your life had a motto, what would it be?
Without struggle, there’s no progress.
FILL IN THE BLANK
“When I’m not dancing and I have a free night, I’m working, cooking, or catching up on some of my favorite shows.”
“Running out for player intros underneath the radiant red lights is my favorite part about dancing at the Moda Center on a game night.”
“The best part of being a BlazerDancer is being able to do what I love with the best group of women for an amazing organization!”
“People would never believe me, but I actually like the rain.”
“You won’t believe that I’ve never eaten salmon.”
“Snapchat is the most used app on my phone.”
“Beyonce and Jay-Z: On The Run is the best concert I’ve ever seen in person.”
“I’ve never been to Ethiopia, but I really want go.”