- Do you have a job outside of the BlazerDancers? If so, what do you do? If not, in what industry are you interested in working in the future?
- What college did you attend and what was your major?
- What are a few of your favorite activities outside of dance?
- What types of music do you enjoy listening to?
- What are some of your favorite songs to dance to?
- In what city did you grow up and how many siblings do you have?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- If you could eat only 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What is your favorite TV show and movie?
I am currently a substitute teacher while I am finishing my master’s degree in teaching to one day become an art teacher.
For undergrad I attended Washington State University, where I was a part of the Crimson Girls national champion dance team, a sorority member, and received my fine arts bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in painting and a minor in art history.
Outside of dancing I love to paint, choreograph routines for local dance teams, and workout at Orange theory. I also love being outdoors, and I spend most of my free time during the summer boating, hiking and fly fishing.
I listen to just about everything based on what I am doing at that time. If I am working on homework, I will listen to yoga music or Bon Iver radio on Pandora. If I am getting ready for my day, I listen to top 40’s or Red Hot Chili Peppers radio. If I’m getting ready to go hangout with friends or am just in a hyper mood, I will listen to country or EDM music. I literally like it all!
My favorite songs to dance to are super sassy songs by artists like Rihanna or Iggy Azalea. I also really enjoy hip hop style dances so any R&B or rap music with a good beat!
I was born in Vancouver, soon thereafter moved to Beaverton, OR but since I can remember I have been in Liberty Lake, Washington. I came back to where I was born to pursue my professional dancing career.
The best piece of advice I have ever received was that as you grow you will find it hard to hold onto everyone in your life, and that at one point you need to only focus your energy on the people who support you and lift you up 100% of the time. Life is too short to stress over the people who don’t have your best interest in mind.
Tofu Pad Thai, green tea mochi and my dad’s prime rib.
My favorite TV show is Elementary or just about any show that has to do with crime and catching the bad guys. My favorite movie is the Disney movie Tangled and health food documentaries on Netflix.