3rd Season • From San Diego • Attended Portland State
- When did you start dancing?
At three years old and haven’t stopped since!
- What got you started dancing?
I think I started because my sister was in dance, and I really wanted to be like her growing up.
- What is your favorite memory as a dancer?
It’s impossible to narrow it down to one, but one that always comes to mind is the time I got to perform as a backup dancer for Con Bro Chill at a TEDxPortland event. The energy from the crowd was indescribable!
- What is your favorite song to dance to?
Pretty much anything with a good beat.
- Who is your all-time favorite Blazer?
Damian and CJ!
- Other than dancing, what are your hobbies/talents?
I love being outside, exploring and hiking, making art/things, and I’m undefeated in Egyptian Rat Screw. I get really competitive in card games.
- What talent do you wish you had?
The ability to remember everything I’ve ever read or learned because then I’d be a lot more knowledgeable about things I really like, but I guess that would be more of a super power aka: SUPER BRAINZ.
- What is your favorite part about Portland?
The easy access we have from the city to some of the most beautiful natural places on this earth: the mountains, the ocean, the badlands, rivers, lakes, etc. – we’re really lucky to live in a rainforest!
- Where is your favorite place to eat in Portland?
Pepper Box Café breakfast tacos all day everyday.
- What is your favorite movie?
Right now I’m on a Kill Bill kick. Those movies never get old.
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve traveled, and why?
Hmm, I must say to Quanzhou in China. Really surreal 30 hours spent there!
- If you could time travel back to one decade, what period would you choose?
I’m obsessed with 70’s music so I would have to say the 70s! Or back to when Mesopotamia was becoming a civilization cause that would be crazy to experience.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who aren’t willing to hear another person’s opinion or perspective, and think of themselves as superior.
- If you could befriend one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Pharrell because he is a producing genius (he has produced music for so many artists!) and is an amazing artist/person himself.
- If your life had a motto, what would it be?
Everything in the world, whether it be a person, place, object or event, emits energy. You get to choose how this energy flows through you and how your energy contributes to this universal flow.
FILL IN THE BLANK
“When I’m not dancing and I have a free night, I’m going to events, concerts and shows around town, or going on an impromptu camping trip.”
“Feeling the energy from my teammates while out on the court is my favorite part about dancing at the Moda Center on a game night.”
“The best part of being a BlazerDancer is realizing I have the best job ever!”
“People would never believe me, but I actually like doing the dishes.”
“You won’t believe that I’ve never been to Canada.”
“Instagram is the most used app on my phone.”
“Thundercat is the best concert I’ve ever seen in person.”
“I’ve never been to Tokyo, but I really want go.”