Audition Dates & Times:
- Preliminary Rounds – Saturday, July 15, 2017 at Parkrose High School, Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., auditions to immediately follow registration.
- Finalist Interviews – July 18 & 19 at the Moda Center, time: TBD
- Final Round – Sunday, July 23, 2017
*There will be a mandatory practice for all Finalists prior to Finals. Date and time TBD. We’ll update this information as soon as it is confirmed.
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2017
- BlazerDancers must attend all practices, games, training camps and mandatory Portland Trail Blazers events. BlazerDancer duties include community service events, appearances and photo shoots.
- Must be able to attend practices every Thursday and Sunday evening (beginning in mid-August; times TBD). Additional practices may be added throughout the season.
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games, appearances, etc. Must meet and maintain dancing skill requirements, personal appearance and fitness level throughout the season.
- Must abide by the other Terms and Conditions included with application materials.
What to Wear:
A two-piece dance outfit (flesh-colored tights are permitted). Mid-section and legs must be exposed. No baggy clothing other than during the hip hop round. You may wear loose fitting pants or sweats for the hip hop routine during prelims. You may also wear any kind of dance shoe, sneakers or perform barefoot. Please make sure shoes have non-marking soles.
Game-night ready hair and make-up are expected. Hair must be down.
What to Bring:
- In the interest of time, we encourage participants to bring their completed and signed Application, waiver, and terms and conditions forms. Applicants under the age of 18 at the time of auditions must have a parent or guardian sign the forms.
- A current head shot photo as well as full body photo of yourself (at least 4×6; does not need to be professional but must be clear and contain only the audition participant). Photos are used for identification purposes and will not be returned.
- Snacks, water, make-up or hair products for touch ups. Please note that there is no extended lunch break.
What to Expect:
Preliminary rounds of auditions are closed and spectators will not be allowed in the gymnasium. Score sheets and judges’ comments will not be made available. The Final Round is open to spectators and Finalists will receive a limited number of tickets for friends and family. Portions of Auditions are expected to be filmed for trailblazers.com.
During the preliminary rounds, dancers will learn several routines and perform them in small groups in front of a panel of judges. The judges will make cuts after each routine. Approximately 30-40 finalists will be selected at the end of the Preliminary Rounds to continue on to the Finals. Dancers who make it to the Final Round will learn at least two routines to perform and will be required to perform a 1-minute solo routine showcasing their dance ability and personality. Finalists will also be required to come in for interviews July 18th, 19th or 20th.